Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pain

My pain is such a variable issue, but recovery this time was slightly faster than after William’s birth. I stayed home from everything, including church, because of the pain. It was hard to bring the wheelchair and a preemie baby out in the winter, plus is was cold and flu season, and a nastly flu was making it’s rounds in our church. On the 4th week, as Elizabeth was now fully gestational age, I still felt that she was too newborn to take out so I think I waited til the 5th week, and by then I could walk some. I did take the wheelchair to church though. I missed that attention one gets when bringing a newborn baby to church, feeling like she wasn’t as new anymore because she was 5 weeks old, but really she was the size of a 1 week old!

Also at 5 weeks, I was able to walk to the end of the block and back. It didn’t hurt at the time, but I paid for it a couple hours later.

At 5 weeks and 2 days, I made my first meal for the family. Dave has been gracious to do most of the cooking. Some days it’s great, and somedays it’s what ever can be pulled out of the fridge, or sandwiches. But at least the kids are getting fed. Our church is so gracious and generous too - as they have been arranging for meals from parishioners to make meals for us. Thank you Lord!

My pain has gradually getting a little better. I’m able to do most walking but I am still in a lot of pain. But I think a lot of that is due to the lack of cortizol from the adrenal problems I’m having.

No comments: