Saturday, March 20, 2010

Buying a new warranty

Well, in line with my last post, I'm am going to buy myself an extended warranty.

I have done my research (well actually Dave did for me since I can't think straight) consulted two doctors - one MD, one Naturopathic - and I'm off to start my plan of rebuilding my adrenals back up. If you are dying to know, I'm going to be taking a boat load of supplements to rebuild since I'm that depleted. I'm taking:

whole desiccated adrenal cortex, but only for a short time.
P5P, the activated form of B6
pantothenic acid
niacinamide
Vitamin C
B12
tyrosine

in addition to my daily multi-vitamin, omega 3's and 6's (say burping fishing oil - yuck), vitamin D, and extra iron. So instead of eating cereal and milk in the morning, I eat a bowl full of pills :-) Well, I prefer that to pharmaceuticals. I did go through adrenal exhaustion before after having Maggie. I was on an adrenal supplement for over a year. My naturopathic doctor did some tests on me and told me that I was one of two patients in all his years of practice who had their adrenals that low. On a scale of 0-10, I scored a 2 (via blood tests, hair sample analysis, and applied kinesiology). I'm guessing that during that year I worked my way up to a 5 or 6, felt much better (in comparison to a 2) and didn't refill my supplements, as they are kind of expensive. 3 pregnancies later (two full, one miscarried), my body has depleted itself again, most likely back into that "2" range or lower, since my symptoms are worse. This time I'm going to do better and stick to my care plan better.

I am also needing to get off the sugar and processed foods. These foods, especially sugar, work the adrenal very hard, so it is necessary to combine this step with the supplements. Pray for me on this journey. This is going to be hard.

No comments: